Personal achievements tracking for 40 years
I am 40 years old now.
What does it mean in the sense of my life priorities? To me, it means a lot. I have changed so many times, so now I don’t even remember how many transformations I have gone through. Was it always good to change, one can argue. But definitely, it was, and it is a crazy journey.
Here is the brief history of Albert Poghosyan’s life:
7 years of lovely childhood (USSR memories) + 10 years of school madness + 4 years of boring bachelor + 2 years of crazy army service + 3 years of first jobs and some career advancement + 1 year of doing my master in UK + 3 years of teaching Project Management in Armenia (2500 students, 200 companies) + 1-year long illness + 1 year of first startup focus/failure + 2 years of second & third startups failure + Married + 3 years in Germany + 1 year in China + Moved to the USA since 2015 + Started VR/AR startup (served 500 top brands worldwide) + Startup another VR/AR Travel startup (36 cities worldwide).
In fact, not many things have been done during this short or long time span.
I published two books, created many products, visited 36 countries, became a digital nomad, became an entrepreneur.
But what was important for me, to see if I have done anything important to me. Suppose my identity involved doing simple projects and getting simple achievements to more complex ones.
In 2011, I had installed the rescuetime.com app on my computer and been tracking it since. I have logged a huge amount of time working/playing on my computer in 10 years. Time is categorized in Productive and Distracting, which would give me a score every week.
So, here is the total:
- Total Time Logged - 35,039h (3 years, 11 months, 29 days)
- Total Productive Time - 21,689h (2 years, 5 months, 21 days)
- Total Distracting Time - 10,773h (1 year, 2 months, 22 days)
So TADAM, I have made the list of top achievements:
- ACCEPTED TO UNIVERSITY 1997 (YSU)
- ARDSHINBANK FIRST WORK 2000 (supervising 37 employees)
- ARMY SERVICE 2001-2003 (Reserve lieutenant)
- USAID GRANT FOR BOOK 2002 (during army)
- iDRAM JOB 2003
- AMA JOB 2003
- GOVERNMENT FORUM GRANT 2004
- eCOMMERCE BOOK PUBLISHED 2004
- eCOURSES.AM FIRST ONLINE BUSINESS 2004-2006 (1500 students)
- ARMSTAT WEBSITE PROJECT 2005 (they still use it up to now)
- ECONOMICAL COMPETITION WEBSITE 2005 (same website for 16 years)
- WON CHEAVENING SCHOLARSHIP 2006
- UK EDUCATION/MANCHESTER 2007
- THESIS PAPER PUBLISHED (Federated identity management)
- PRINCE2 PM CERTIFICATION 2007
- APMA 2007-2012 (2500 students, 200 companies)
- WON ILLNESS 2008
- MARRIAGE 2009
- YOUTEGO FIRST STARTUP 2009
- PAINTBALL 2010
- INNOVATION TALKS EVENTS SERIES 2010
- SOCIAL INNOVATION CAMP 2010
- KINDERWALL SOCIAL PROJECT 2011
- BARCAMP CONFERENCE ORGANIZATION 2011
- WON HACKATHON[YAN] 2011
- KIDOSTATE STARTUP 2011
- SEMINARS 2011-12
- PM BOOK PUBLISHED 2012
- GIVEMEINFO PROJECT 2012 (working up to now)
- MOVED TO BERLIN 2012
- DEMOBAKERY STUDIO 2013
- CINPOST STARTUP 2013
- WON PHOTORATION 2013
- AWESOME FOUNDATION YEREVAN 2013
- WON ARMNET AWARDS 2013
- WON DIGITAL ISLAND HACKATHON 2014
- MOVED TO BEIJING 2014
- WON STARTUP WEEKEND BEIJING 2014
- FIRST VR EXPERIENCE CREATED 2014
- KNOXLABS STARTUP 2015 (served 500 top brands)
- MOVED TO LOS ANGELES 2016
- RODIN STARTUP 2016
- TECHSTARS 2017 (Boulder, CO)
- 360STORIES STARTUP 2017
- MOVED TO NYC 2018
I achieved many things in companied I found with my co-founders and brilliant team members, but it wouldn’t be my personal wins. What I understood in all those years, the process is more important than goals. If you can polish the process of everyday focus and productivity, we can achieve great results.
40 years is a lot of time to measure progress, and I believe I have been doing it for some time. Now I will focus on perfecting the process.